Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Day Arrives

Today is August 11th, so that means that technically, later today, I leave for Budapest.

That's a little unreal. I've been thinking about going to this program since sometime in the fall of last year, but no matter how much dreaming I've done I still don't feel prepared. It's one thing to read about a place online, and learn a little about it, but I have a feeling that it will be a completely different experience when I'm actually standing there in about 48 hours.

I'll take a total of 4 flights to get there. Of course, the first leg will be with my dad, from Glens Falls to JFK. From there I'll take a red eye to Geneva, have a short layover, take the very short flight to Zurich, spend the night there, and leave early in the morning for Budapest. Then, ideally, someone will be holding up a sign reading "Budapest Semesters in Mathematics", and they will bring me to my apartment.

For some reason, I'm less than 100% confident that all of this will go smoothly. Anyways, I'll let you know how everything worked out the next time I get Internet access (whenever that is).

No comments:

Post a Comment