Friday, August 13, 2010

I'm here

Travel today went very smoothly. I tried to sleep on the plane this morning (it felt very early), but the little German (I think) girl next to me would not have it. Every time I closed my eyes she tapped me on the shoulder so I could look at somethings she found interesting.

There was no immigration (and no one even looked at my Hungarian Visa) and customs consisted of walking through a doorway labeled "I have nothing to Declare". On the other side of the line, there were two people from the program holding up a sign, waiting for us. It turned out that Mike and I are rooming together, and a younger Hungarian student brought us, by taxi, to our apartment. The apartment is a little strange, but that's for another post. We're supposed to have a third roommate, and he's supposed to get here at 2pm today. However, given that it's already 6pm, we have no idea when he's actually going to show up.

After eating lunch at a small gyro stand I decided to lie down "just to see if my bed was comfortable", however, about an hour later, I woke up to the sound of Hungarian. Being slightly groggy from my jet-lag induced nap, I attempted to communicate with this woman. However, all I got out of it was my own set of keys (Mike and I had been sharing), and the knowledge that there was something she needed to tell me, and it may or may not be important, but it seems like it is phone related, though I could be mistaken and she could have been talking about something else entirely.

Well, I'm off to meet up with some others in the program, I'll post pictures of the apartment eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment